Saturday, June 25, 2022
HomeFootball NewsChelseaLiverpool forward confirms Anfield stay which may impact summer transfer plans |...

Liverpool forward confirms Anfield stay which may impact summer transfer plans | Football | Sport

Date:

Related stories

spot_imgspot_img


Liverpool forward Takumi Minamino has confirmed he wants to stay at the club and ‘isn’t satisfied’ with what he has achieved in England so far. And with the Reds linked with further attacking signings in the summer, Minamino’s stance on remaining at Anfield may change Jurgen Klopp’s plans.

In January, the Reds bolstered their attack by signing FC Porto winger Luis Diaz in a £37million deal.

Diaz joins Mohamed Salah, Sadio Mane, Diogo Jota, Roberto Firmino, Divock Origi and Minamino as Klopp’s six attacking options for the remainder of the season.

But Liverpool are still touted to target more firepower at the end of the season, with Raphinha, Jarrod Bowen and Paulo Dybala just a few of the names linked.

Minamino recently opened up about his future plans, and it seems like he wants to continue battling for a spot in Klopp’s attack.

JUST IN: Man Utd target Rice reveals reason for deleting social media accounts

In an interview with Liverpool’s YouTube channel, Minamino expressed his desire to stay at Anfield and ‘achieve something’ for the club.

He said: “Playing for Liverpool was my childhood dream. I am really happy to be here as the club’s first Asian player. I would love to achieve something here, and I am not satisfied with the result yet.

“Any achievements I make here could bring more chances for Asian players who may play at this club in the future.

READ MORE: Man Utd have already been told why they should make Enrique next boss

“It will also give supporters a better impression of what an Asian player can do, shining for this club. I would love to contribute to the team more.”

With Salah, Mane, Jota and Firmino all mainstays in Klopp’s plans and Diaz likely to join them, Origi and Minamino would likely be the ones at risk of being replaced if another name arrived.

The Japanese star will be determined to fight for his place, though, and has shown consistent glimpses of his quality this season.

He has registered seven goals and one assist in seven starts for Liverpool in all competitions in the current campaign.

But Minamino hasn’t started a Premier League game since returning from his short loan stint at Southampton last summer.

And if Klopp wants to make another attacking addition at the end of the season, it’s unlikely the 27-year-old will agree to make way whilst he’s chasing his dream.

Want the latest Premier League news as we publish it on Express Sport? Join our brand new Facebook group by clicking here.





Source Link: Read more

Subscribe

- Never miss a story with notifications

- Gain full access to our premium content

- Browse free from up to 5 devices at once

Latest stories

Leave a Reply

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here